By: Jennifer Hutto | Category Manager
- In the total Energy Drinks & Shots Market, 5-hour ENERGY® is ranked 4th (behind Red Bull, Monster and Bang) & in the Energy Shots market, 5-hour ENERGY® is ranked first, with 90.4% share (up from 89.6% a year ago)*
- In the last 6 months, the Total Energy Shot Category dollar sales were significantly impacted by reduced foot traffic & impulse shopping in the convenience market which accounts for 62% of the Nielsen measured market.
- As shoppers have adapted to a new normal and some markets have opened back up, the convenience and independent convenience retailers have seen slowly improving results. (Convenience dollar Sales: -10% for 26 weeks, -7% for 12 weeks and and -6% for the last 4 week period)
- Overall, 5-hour ENERGY® dollar sales have performed slightly better than the market, while other shot products have declined dramatically in the past 12 weeks: Private Label -25%; Eternal Energy -27%; Bang -22%; Rhino Rush – 77%***
- Returning the category to growth:
- New 5-hour ENERGY® Extra Strength flavors (Tropical Burst, Strawberry Banana and Orange) have delivered successful YTD sales, adding $25MM to the category**:
- 5-hour ENERGY® is investing in new advertising that focuses on the role 5-hour ENERGY® plays at work and at home.
- 5-hour is kick starting 2021 with a highly relevant new promotion:
- 5-hour ENERGY® – The Official Sponsor of Getting Stuff Done.
- Over $100,000 dollars is going to be given away in $10, $100 and $1000 instant win awards.
- A new limited time offer flavor – Watermelon Extra Strength – will be available in promotional displays.
- Available to order from 12/1 – first ship date 1/4.
Source: ACNielsen xAOC *52, **CYTD, 26, ***12 & 4 WE 10.03.20